Tuesday, March 22, 2011

10 Weeks

At 10 weeks, the baby is the size of a prune!
(pic from thebump.com)
Weight gain: Well, I have lost a few pounds this week...not sure how that happened. I love eating right now :) Some days my clothes are really tight, some days I am wearing my regular clothes like I am not growing at all.

Food Cravings: 2% milk - SO much better than skim right now!! I have been sick (nausea) most mornings and sometimes after supper. I have NEVER been a sprite fan, but right now they are my best friend. I have had a negative side effect to Zofran, so I am not using it right now unless it is absolutely neccessary (see below).  

Sleep:  I still want to sleep all the time. I think after every meal I need a nap, but that is not realistic.... I still LOVE my body pillow and use it every night. Note: Brent still wants one!

Most Excited About: My next Dr appointment!!! I cannot wait to see that sweet baby's arms and legs!!

What a week! I went from sick every day 2 weeks ago, to last week doing better, to this week being sick all the time. Saturday afternoon/night, several women from church went to Georgia to see "Girls Night Out" with Anita Renfro and Mandisa. I thought about Ashley getting sick on the ride over there because she can get car sick, but it wasn't until she said "make sure you bring your Zofran," did I think about ME getting sick!!!! Needless to say, by the time we were halfway there, I thought I was going to have to sit in the van during the event. I could not even think about walking, let alone eating supper. Once we got to the pizza place, I considered going straight to the bathroom, but being with a group, I tried to act as "normal" as I could. (I know, I know - no sense in that, but I did not want to make a scene.) Paula was quick to see I was in trouble and got me a sprite and I ended up taking the dreaded Zofran. After a few minutes, I felt SO much better. Everyone had a great time and I made it back home without feeling as sick. The next morning, I was sick all over again - it was horrible!!! So, back to drinking sprite and eating crackers. I keep reminding myself - IT IS ALL WORTH IT!!! Just a glance at that ultrasound and my heart says - who cares about all this nausea :)


4 comments:

  1. Ugh!!! The dreaded morning sickness!!! I didn't start getting it until I was 17 weeks with Noah, but when I did...I DID!!! It was just horrible!!! It was like clockwork. 9:00am every morning I would be standing behind that counter at Young's and it would hit me! I would throw up and then be good 'til 9:00am the next morning! Like you said though....it's all worth it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brandi - I had a man come in this morning about 8:30am. He saw me sitting down eating crackers and asked if it was break time already. I told him I was trying to settle my stomach. He said he knew what I meant, that he had been sick this past weekend. I told him I hope he did not have what I had - that I had morning sickness. I think I shocked him!!! He quickly said no, that is NOT what he had!!! LOL!! We both had a good laugh :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Jana!! I'm so excited for you guys. I actually came across your blog today through Brooke Davis' blog. I'm so excited to have a way to keep in touch with you! And even more excited to hear your good news. Ben and I are expecting again too. We are due Septemeber 12th . . . so we will have our babies close together. We have a family blog too if you ever want to check it. The link is: http://benwendyeligabesam.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete