Sunday, March 6, 2011

Brent's father

Brent's father (Glenn Wheeler) passed away Thursday morning (3/3/11). He had battled cancer and diabetes for many years. Brent got a call Wed night from his aunt saying Glenn was not doing well so Brent went straight from work to see him in Pleasant Grove. I am so glad Brent was able to see and talk to him before he passed. The love and support from all the friends, family and Pleasant Grove community was overwhelming...we are blessed to have so many that care about Glenn and the Wheeler family.

A few weeks ago, Glenn, Brent's aunt Annette, and his grandmother Hazel came to Clay Co to see our house. We were able to share our wonderful news about expecting a baby. Glenn said then "Hope I will live long enough to see my first grandchild." I am so sad that he did not, but have some comfort in knowing he knew one was on the way. Thanks to everyone for the thoughts and prayers - please continue to do so for Brent and the Wheeler family. The Wheelers are such a close family, Glenn's passing has been extremely hard on all of them. Below is a picture that was taken right before our wedding (2004). Presently, the chemo and steroids had made Glenn look like a different person - so this is the way I want to remember Glenn - next to Brent.

Norman Glenn Wheeler
September 4, 1960 ~ March 3, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment