Friday, October 14, 2011

Oh Baby!

Well...looks like Blair will finally be here by Monday night. We have been ready for her for so long...

I had this crazy idea that Tuesday (10-11-11) would be a GREAT day for her to arrive. Brent and I both were born on the 11th of a month. I thought that date would be easy for Brent to remember (note, he chose for us to get married the day before his bday so he would always remember our anniversary). So when I went to the Dr on Oct 4th, I just knew she would say I was ready and to come in the next week to have the baby....I was wrong...Blair was still not ready to make her appearance!

Skip forward to 10-10-11, I had HORRIBLE heart burn that night - which is something I have thankfully not had until this point. I don't even own any tums or rolaids and it is now about 10:30 pm. I wake Brent up to see if he might have some in his truck - no luck there. I found some zantac that expired in 2009 and decide at this point to take it. The pharmacist in me knows this med will not hurt me, but since it is so old, it might not help me much. I had a horrible time sleeping and got up multiple times during the night. Every morning, Brent asks me if I am ok (bc he has a nice drive to work) I tell him no - I think I am having contractions (the REAL ones). I have been having Braxton-Hicks for about 2 months now. He decided not to go to work and we start timing the contractions. They are about 5 minutes apart. Everyone has told me to eat something before going to hospital bc you do not get to eat again until after the baby is born. I eat breakfast then we head for RMC.

My contractions slow down some on our way there. I was thinking in my head.....I am going to get there and not even have a contraction that registers on the machine!! (side note: Tuesdays are my normal days to go the Dr, but last Tues when I went to make my next appointment, they told me my Dr would not be in the office until Thursday). So it is about 7:45am at this point, so we go the women's center, since I know already my Dr is not in her office. They hook me up to the machines and check me........................I AM STILL ONLY DILATED TO A ONE!!!!!! WHAT!?!?!?! after all these contractions!!! ONLY A ONE!!!! The nurse tells me they will monitor me for 1 hour and check me again.

During this time I cannot help but think "today is the 11th...." so my hopes are up!! After one hour the nurse checks me again - NO CHANGE!! WHAT!!! HOW CAN THIS BE??? My contractions were 2 to 6 minutes apart during this hour....surely something had changed!!! But no, not looking like today is Blair's day. A different Dr decided I can go home and try walking to maybe dilate more. I tell the nurse that walking would be a good idea, however with 3 blood clots in my leg...My Dr had said previously walking is not good idea for me.

We go home, I am still having contractions, but nurse said unless my water breaks, I have a fever or if I start bleeding, to just plan on keeping my appt with my dr on Thursday. NOTE: Dream of 10-11-11 is now over. I decide that is okay, I know God's timing (and Blair's timing) is not MY timing.

On Thursday I saw my Dr.....still no change. So now we are on to inducing Sunday night, have her on my due date of Monday. It really doesn't matter when she comes. I was just hoping sooner than later. I worry about her with my blood clots. I just want her to be safe and not affected by them.

Now it is Friday, in less than three days and we will see her :) CAN'T WAIT!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment