Monday, December 26, 2011

LIFE CHANGER

She is here!!! On October 17, 2011 Blair Isabella Wheeler entered the world at 4:56 pm weighing 7 lbs 2 oz and was 20 inches long. I went to the hospital on Sunday Oct 16th at 8 pm and they began inducing my labor at 12 midnight. I was just at 1 cm dilated at this point (which I had been for about 2 weeks). After breaking my water about 9 am, I finally progressed to a 2....but never progressed past that point and at 4 pm, Dr Ballard said I needed a C-section. As Dr Ballard delivered her, she started counting...1, 2, 3, 4.....in my drugged state of mind, I thought she was talking about babies - and I was thinking OH MY!! But I soon found out it was the umbilical cord and she was counting the times it was wrapped around Blair's neck. GOD was watching over my little girl and she had no adverse effects from this. Dr. Ballard said the most she had seen the cord wrapped around was 3 times on 2 babies and both were stillborn. My life has been forever changed since 4:56 pm that day :) Blair is our whole world and we praise GOD DAILY for her. Here is her life so far in pictures:
My first look at her

Proud Daddy

Sweet baby girl :)

My parents and Brent's parents were full of joy!

Aunt Amanda

"Aunt" Ashley and "Aunt" Jen


The sign at work

Blair meeting Emma and Luke:

Meeting Great-grandparents (Cynthia's parents)

For her fist Halloween, Blair was an Auburn cheerleader (prob won't be the last one as an AU cheerleader - I see this happening again in her future) :) War Eagle!!

Blair had baby acne for a few weeks. During this time she had her pictures taken at Shauna's - if you have seen them, you would never know she ever had any acne. Shauna did a GREAT JOB!!! Here you can see some to the right of her nose.

Blair after a bath:

She looks like her Daddy and Brent just LOVES this!! He is amazing with her!

At one month she is already holding her head up some, eating 4 oz of milk every 4 hours waking up once or twice during the night. She will give us random smiles and LOVES to sleep on your chest. She weighed 9 lbs 8 oz at her first Dr appt and was 21 inches long.

She is so sweet and we LOVE her SO much!! Our hearts are full of joy.

 (Note: it has taken me 2 months to post this...hopefully, it will not take so long for the next one. She has changed A LOT since these pics!!) Also, I have 500+ pics taken since her birth...these are just a few I had time to upload while she is sleeping. Sorry if there are misspelled words, trying to do this as fast as I can before she wakes up!






3 comments:

  1. So good to hear from you! She is just precious!!! I'm glad all is going well with all of you and I can't wait until your next post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pic of luke meeting her. It looks like he is so excited

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Jana!! She is precious!!

    ReplyDelete