Thursday, August 11, 2011

4D

Again, time seems to be going by so fast!! I have not had time to blog. Here is a recap of Weeks 28, 29, 30:
Week 28:
                We went to the doctor this week. My doctor was on vacation, so I saw a different doctor this time. He was nice, but def a man. When I told him how much my feet were swelling, he told me that was just part of being pregnant. : / While my female doctor sympathizes with me and tells me how much her feet would swell too. She had told me at a previous visit to wear support stocking. They are very helpful and the days I wear them, my feet have not swollen. The downside is they are HOT!
                 I failed the glucose and iron test. My glucose level was 146, the cut off is 140. My iron was 8 and they want it to be a 12. I have to go back the next week for the 3 hour glucose test and got a prescription for iron pills. On a positive note.....we had 4D pictures taken :) She is beautiful!!!!!! I love her so much already :)


Week 29:
              The 3 hour glucose test was tough!!! I went in fasting (no food since the night before). They took blood from my arm (no finger stick this time!). 30 minutes later, they took blood from the opposite arm. They switched back and forth from one arm to the other for a total of 5 times!!! I am not a fan of being stuck in the arm... not fun at all. After drinking the fruit punch drink, I felt so sick. It took all I could to keep it down. After it was all over, I felt SO dizzy/lightheaded. I needed to eat SOON. We finally made it to the restaurant and I almost passed out before the waitress took our order. She was so sweet and rushed some crackers out to me. Needless to say, I hope I do not ever have to go through that again. (I found later in the week, I passed the test - YAY!!).
               I have been feeling REALLY emotional over the past few weeks. I was overwhelmed by emotion this week after Ashley M let me borrow her bassinet that Emma and Luke slept in. Well...more that just Emma and Luke - Ashley slept in it also when she was a child. Ashley said she wants Emma to have it for her future babies. After I got it home.....I reflected on how much it meant to me to have a friend who would trust me with a family treasure. It is a complete honor for her to share this item with me. Brent put it right beside our bed. (I am tearing up now! Brent is asking me what is wrong!!).  Thank you Ashley!!!

My nephew Braden had a birthday on Aug 1st. He is seven years old (where did the time go?!?). We celebrated with a skate party :) Here is a pic of Braden skating. He did not have time to stop for a picture:


Andrew on the other hand....had something else on his mind.....CAKE!!! LOL!! Love these boys!!!


Week 30:
             WOW 30 weeks!!! SO EXCITED!!! It feels like such a milestone...for some reason, I feel she is safer at this point. The doctor told me at 4 weeks, the only way the risk of miscarrying was zero percent was when I have the baby in my arms. So, at this point, I know there is a good chance for her to survive if I did deliver her early. Her room is coming together. I ordered her curtains and a lamp this week. I still have not found a glider. Well, I found one I LOVED at PB kids...but the ottoman was not available in the color I wanted (HOWEVER...it is PICTURED in the color on the website AND in the fall 2011 catalog!!!!). (pic from potterybarnkids.com)
PB Kids Comfort Small Square Arm Glider

On a final note (sorry for the long post!!)...She is moving like CRAZY!!! It used to be I felt her a few times during the day and then a good bit at night when I am laying down. Now...it is all day and all night. I LOVE IT. My next dr appt is in 2 weeks. My shower is in 2 weeks too....so a LOT going on right now.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are doing so well and passed all those tests!! I hope you have a great shower and will be praying for you and Brent as you get closer to meeting your daughter!

    ReplyDelete